18 August 2006

power snack

I've been trying to get in my three serves of dairy a day and, since I'm not feeling much like a meat-eater lately, using them to pump up my protein intake as well. And, you know what that means, don't you? Cottage cheese (well, that and the fabulous Fage 0% yogurt).

I never used to like cottage cheese because it tasted so dang salty, so when I started eating the BFL way (and BP extoles the glories of cottage cheese), I searched high and low for a brand that I could stomach. I found it at Tr@der Joe's (natch) in the regular fat-free TJ's brand, but I've heard that Spaceway sells a lower salt cottage cheese.

Since it's peach season here, I've been enjoying my super-snack: cottage cheese and a sliced peach. Did you know that peaches are actually quite low in carbs (10g), have a wee bit of fiber (probably more if you eat the skin), and even include protein? 40 calories of goodness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I love, love, love Fage 0% yogurt. That's my breakfast almost every day:

1/3 c. yogurt
1/3 c. mixed berries
1/2 tsp. of flax seed
1/2 scoop of protein powder

Mash the berries and add everything else. It's awesome.

1:09 AM  
Blogger lainb said...

i've never heard of Fage but it looks yummy...I'm assuming TJs may be one of the only places to get it. I'll check it out the next time I'm there...hopefully it's not too expensive.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home