24 October 2006

missing

I miss...
  • wearing jeans
  • drinking wine
  • sleeping on my back
  • sleeping deeply
  • peeing more than a trickle
  • working up a sweat
  • running - or even walking - up stairs without gasping for breath
  • bicycling
  • the ritual of coffee (I lost my taste for coffee 5 months ago and now I can't stand even the smell)
  • Pilates
  • my appetite
  • wearing my Ib3x green wool coat
Today marks week 36. The baby is still breech (I think) but moving around a lot. Last night, there was something pointy sticking out of the middle of my upper stomach - an elbow or a knee. Very strange. Yesterday, my doc left for her China vacation for two weeks, but not before scheduling a C-section ("just in case") for November 14 (39 weeks). So, he's got three weeks to turn-turn-turn. I'm still zen about the whole C-section thing. Everyone I talk to who's had one is very positive about the experience and everyone who's had a natural delivery is all freaked out about the possibility of a C-section (like my MIL).

My mom called to tell me the story of my birth. 5 hours labor, start to finish, no medication, L@maze (in Holland) and I (first baby) came out (8+ lbs) no problem. My brother (three years later, natural childbirth, two weeks early), took 7 hours. My doc thinks this bodes well for me (if the C-section thing doesn't happen).

Some friends threw me a(nother) shower on Saturday (did I mention the surprise shower last month?) People have been so very generous. This baby boy is going to be so well-dressed and warm and outfitted with all the bells and whistles - at least for the first 6 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home