09 July 2006

140 bpm

OK, I promised to tell you (all two of you) what's up with me, why I haven't been posting and telling all about training for this year's century. The truth is, there is no century. While I've still been lifting weights and doing the elliptical, I haven't been on my bike (or done Pilates, or run) in months. But, I've got a good excuse. Really.

I'm pregnant. 21 weeks on Tuesday. Hence the scaled back workouts and de-emphasis on eating plan details.

The morning sickness (I just had nausea, no barfing) threw off my healthy eating and drinking, but I'm back on track, getting in the water (2-3 liters per my doc), ramping up on protein, back to the healthy carbs and big salads. I'm terrified of diet-related issues that go along with preganancy at my "advanced maternal age" - gestational diabetes mainly, but I suspect pre-eclampsia has roots in diet as well. And, my weight gain thus far has been a little excessive (about 15lbs). The books all say that from here on out, I can expect to gain .5 to 1 pound a week. A week!

It's hard to keep reading all the weight-loss/fitness blogs, with your triumphs and successes, seeing the numbers on the scale go down while mine go up. I take comfort in the knowledge that I still know how to lose the fat and I will lose it again.

So, there you have it. More excitement in about 19 weeks.

5 Comments:

Blogger lainb said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! (I'm assuming your pregnancy is a good thing...?) We still want to know how life is going for you so keep us posted with baby updates! *hugs*

8:13 PM  
Blogger velo girl said...

yes! thanks for your good wishes!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Zara said...

Congrats! :)

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ACK!!! Just getting caught up! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home