17 April 2006

no immunity

Folks, my immune system is shot. Back in early March, I got a cold which went south after a week. Last week, I got another. This time, it started with a cold sore (the harbinger of sickness), then the cold, followed quickly by a sinus infection, another(!) cold sore (oh joy!) and finally, Saturday brought deep gurgly coughs producing a rainbow of colors. Lovely.

Needless to say, no exercise has been done. I wake two or three times a night to empty the sinuses, lest I drown in my own snot.
So, it's all I can do to drag myself up out of bed (at least it's better when I'm not lying down) and out to work.

So yeah.

Eating has been somewhat unhealthy, but in weensy quantities, so who knows what damage I have wrought. I've been subsisting on roasted tomato soup from Parad1se Bakery. And garlic bread. And super-thin, extra salty L@y's chips. It's all I feel like eating. I'm uninterested in water, but gulping peppermint tea by the monster mug.

I know what brought this on. The weekend before this last one, we went with some friend's 3yo twins and 6yo to OMSI, that petri dish of infectious diseases. Oh, and this weekend? My brother and 3yo niece visit. What delights await me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home